Original Date: May 26, 2014
In the previous post, I used a Raspberry PI to gather a week’s worth of internet speed data.
For the user interface I wanted big and fancy buttons and knobs. I searched the interwebs and came across several awesome Photoshop tutorials. My initial plan was to learn from them so that I could create my own custom designs from scratch. Learn I did but for now I will work with the designs from the tutorials and put my focus on the CSS.
- The power button is based on this tutorial by IconDeposit
- The slider is based on this tutorial by Nikola Lazarevic
- The channel knob is based on this tutorial by Photoshop Plus
- The code for calculating angle of rotation is based on this StackOverflow answer. I tried to write my own from scratch but my brain wasn’t cooperating.
Here they are in action,
- Power button (works on Chrome, Safari)
- Channel knob & slider (works on Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
The UI is a work in progress. Updates to come.